Skip to content
How to Submit a Photograph
- Click on the SUBMIT button on the home page for either of the two contests: Astrophotography and Sketching at the Eyepiece or Creative Works.
- You can also click on the UPLOAD PHOTO button on either contest page.
- This will take you to a submission form.
- Browse through your photographs and choose one at a time to submit.
- We encourage you to give your image a good title, tell us a bit about the image and any technical information if you wish.
- You will be asked to self-select your experience. If you have less than a year’s experience with astronomy or astrophotography or have never worked in the media you choose for your Creative Works then you can call yourself a Novice. If you have between 1 and 5 years you will be in the Intermediate category and if you have more than 5 years experience then you will choose the Experienced category.
- The first time you make a submission you will be sent an email that will have a username and password for you to use when you login again to the contest or make another submission. You can change the password as you wish, following the cues. Please look in your SPAM filter as sometimes (unfortunately) the email may show up there. We suggest that you keep a record of this information as you may need to find it another time.
- The submission form asks you to check that either you are 13 years of age (or older), or you are the parent/guardian of a young person (under 13) and are submitting on the child’s behalf. (You must fill out this form for a child under 13.)
- At the end you will be asked to go through a set of Captcha screens to prevent “bot” submissions.
- The images will be curated through a review committee to ensure that images are appropriate and meet a minimum quality for uploading. Our committee members are volunteers and will work to check out and upload the images as soon as possible. Nonetheless, it may take a few days for your submission to show up on the website.
- You may submit as many as three photographs at any one time and a total of 10 in each quarter of the year.
- Thank you for participating in our RASC 150th Anniversary Imagining the Skies Contest!